Sunday 21 August 2016

BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE......
During my college days,I wanted to bat like Sir Isaac Vivian alexander richards, (One of the best batsman in cricket), but even if I tried I could not become one. Believe me, I wanted to hit sixes like him. You might have seen some horrible singers on “Indian Idol” or “American Idol” or in your close circles. So, even if they practice for a lifetime, they cannot become good singers. I am one such person. I have taken tabla classes, harmonium classes, singing classes, but could not pick up anything in any of those classes, although I wanted to be good at music and singing. But, one of my friends who had no training could sing very well just by listening to the songs.
So, every person is “gifted” with certain attributes. He can try to improve himself but there are limitations on how much he can improve. Just like there are limitations on human beings as a class, even if they tried, they could not fly. Even the best of the humans cannot fly. Similarly, there are individual limitations of each person beyond which they cannot improve themselves in a certain area, even if they tried very hard.
So, life is like a constraint optimization problem. There are certain constraints in everyone’s life and one has to work around them. It is best to choose a profession or passion in which the upper limit for you is high, so that you can grow a lot. If you choose a path, where you are severely constrained, it will be frustrating.....

1 comment: